Chasing Brooklyn - Lisa Schroeder
Won a copy of the ARC in a book tour, so, sadly I didn't get to keep it :o( However, I'm happy that I was able to pass such a great book on for others to read. So, here's my review:

Chasing Brooklyn was one of those stories that allowed me to feel the various emotions that the characters -Brooklyn and Nico were going through a year after a death that affected them both in very different ways. A supernatural twist to the story had ghosts to help pave the way for both Brooklyn and Nico, in what would be a quest to find a life not only worth living, but a way to live without Brooklyn's boyfriend and Nico's brother. They each had such different ways to deal with death, even after a year had passed. They might have both been still alive, but were they really living? I liked how you could feel the struggles to let go and lean on each other, to understand that they were both going through many of the same things. To be able to see both characters change and grow with the turn of each page and as more time passed in the story.

The author - Lisa has a unique writing style that at first glance made me wonder if there would be gaps or missing pieces to the story. I have to say that after reading the first few pages I knew there wouldn't be anything left out. It was a fast read that had me wanting more and fearing it would end to soon.

Written in alternating chapters from Brooklyn and Nico's journals/thoughts it gave me such an amazing insight to just what each was going through. You could feel each and every phase of grief they were feeling from one moment to the next. The struggles are true to life - often at times heartbreaking, yet at other times I found it light and fun.

I can say that Lisa has written a story that to me was emotional, powerful, and strong and filled with love. I look forward to the day when I can purchase this book and read it again. Whether you read it before it comes out or when it's released, you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to see just what she writes next.

For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books