Perchance to Dream - Lisa Mantchev
4.5 Stars - Perchance to Dream picks back up right where we were left in Eyes Like Stars. Bertie and her ever present fairies, along with the air elemental, Ariel have set out on a merry road trip away from the theater to save the kidnapped Pirate Nate.

Now, I’m going to write this review without giving anything away, so all who are looking forward to reading this sequel – don’t worry there will be no spoilers given away here.

I can say that in the first book – Eyes Like Stars I fell in love with the fairies. Each and every one of them was just laugh out loud funny. Mantchev doesn’t disappoint in the slightest when it comes to the comic relief of our four fine pie-eating fairy friends - Peaseblossom, Mustardseed, Moth & Cobb. For me, in both books they often stole the show. It’s always great when a book can make me laugh out loud and this one did that on more then one occasion.

Throughout the book were introduced to a couple new characters and some that answer questions left in the first book. Throughout the troupes journey on the outside world they face new and exciting challenges and adventures that kept this continuing story very interesting and fun to say the very least.

I enjoyed watching Bertie learn more about herself, the questions she must face, the challenges she must face. And then Ariel, what’s to say about Ariel. The whole Ariel vs. Nate thing was always a question and I can tell you that you’ll have to read this book to find out what happens.

The only downside about this book was that sometimes I was confused as to what was going on. I found myself having to go back and reread a few pages here and there to get a better grasp as to what was going on with the characters and the scenes around them. I would have given it 5 stars if not for that; however, since this was an ARC things are always subject to change. Truthfully, it didn’t take that much away from enjoying the characters and the story.

All in all – in this sequel, Mantchev further paints such a amazing story that makes me eager to read the next book to see just where Bertie and her vibrant cast of characters head on their furthering adventures. If you haven’t read Eyes Like Stars, be sure to start there. This series is very different from anything else out there which makes this a welcome breath of fresh air. I’m looking forward to the third in the series, currently titled So Silver Bright.

For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books